Saturday, June 2, 2007

China Day 9


We arrived in Guangzhou late last night, so we were too tired to post a message. Today, we had a relaxing day walking around beautiful Shamian Island. It's a nice change of pace from the craziness in Chongqing. The White Swan Hotel is wonderful and we are looking forward to spending our last few days in China here.


Maeve is doing better each day. She is actually getting pretty used to Mom and Dad. This afternoon I had to go to fill out some paperwork, so Maeve hung out in the room with Dad. When I got back to the room, she was so excited to see me, and then she had to give me the business for leaving her! She is getting very attached to her mommy and that is just fine with me!


This afternoon all of us took the girls to have their pictures taken for their visas. It's hard to believe that we are down to the last few days in China. Dave and I are so excited to get back home to see Collin and Brennen, but I still have plenty of shopping to do before we go! It's also bittersweet in that we will be taking Maeve away from her home country. We know we will be back someday with all of the kids, but we are trying to be good about taking lots of pictures so that Maeve will be able to learn about where she came from. We hope she will be proud of her heritage. We are very proud of where she comes from. China is a wonderful and beautiful country.


Dave and I took a lot of pictures of Chongqing, which you can see by clicking on the "More China Pictures" link and then on the "China Day 8" folder. The "China Day 9" folder has a few pictures from today.


2 comments:

Gende said...

Maeve,
I can't wait to meet you! I think we will have a lot of fun playing together!
-SHEA

Cathy&Dave,
She's BEAUTIFUL!
-Erin&Paul Gende

Anonymous said...

We love the pictures! We are glad that Maeve is doing better. She is so lucky to have such a great family to call her own. We can't wait to meet Maeve and have you all home!

Sue and Dave